Get ready to boost your confidence in teaching high-quality dance experiences in your P.E. program. Become a leader for physical literacy in your school through engaging lessons and projects that get students ACTIVE through movement, music, positivity and play!
In this course, you will
- Learn about physical literacy, and Comprehensive School Health
- Explore standards-based lesson plans and dance unit design
- Discover and practice new skills for teaching dance in schools, based on the award-winning DANCEPL3Y program and methodology
- Be inspired from interviews with educators who have implemented these ideas in their schools
- Access tools and templates to help you get your lessons and projects into action.
To complete the School Leadership Certificate requirements, you will create and submit a unique action plan outlining how you will bring dance as a platform to develop physical literacy in your school.
Are you ready to bring positivity, play, fun and confidence to your school as you inspire every student to claim their #bubbleofawesome through dance?
Melanie Levenberg is an author, international speaker, TEDx presenter and holds a Masters of Education in Curriculum, Teaching and Learning. As the Chief PLAY Officer at PL3Y Inc. she specializes in building local leaders who are passionate about physical literacy and inspiring kids to be healthier, happier humans.
Melanie is an engaging and inspiring keynote speaker and workshop leader who travels the world to help teachers infuse more positivity and playfulness in their pedagogy. She has worked with corporate, private and not-for-profit organizations to design and deliver innovative physical literacy programs, workshops, retreats and trainings.