The DANCEPL3Y Preschool Online Instructor Training Course is designed for fitness instructors and recreation leaders who want to learn how to lead high-energy dance classes for pre-schoolers at their local community centre/fitness club in an after-school program, or virtually through online classes.
This On-Demand course offers self-paced video coaching and accountability check-ins so that you can complete your training and become certified within 90 days (...or sooner, it's up to you! :)
Your On-Demand Training Includes:
- Online, self-paced learning modules.
- Course orientation and tutorial videos with DANCEPL3Y Program Creator Melanie Levenberg
- Downloadable Program Manual & Worksheets
- Original Music Downloads specifically created for DANCEPL3YPreschool
- Choreography Notes and Step-By Step Videos for dances & activities used in DANCEPL3Y Preschool classes
- Mid-Point personalized feedback from your Master Trainer, Elise Gilbert (via email)
Your online learning experience will be hosted by Master Trainer, Elise Gilbert and Children's Fitness Expert and DANCEPL3Y Program Creator, Melanie Levenberg.
During your training, you'll learn how to create a motivating and safe space where movers ages 3-5 can get playful and have fun as they build the foundations for dance and develop physical literacy.
You'll develop instructing skills and learn effective strategies on how to teach dance in a simple way, using a combination of traditional formations and our interACTIVE teaching approach.
You'll also learn how to plan and deliver an effective and energizing dance class that develops physical literacy and fundamental movement skills, while fostering a playful and positive class environment.
(Estimated time for course completion: 16hrs)
- Developing Physical Literacy and Promoting Playfulness through Dance
- Becoming a DANCEPL3Y Instructor: Choreography, Culture, Coaching, Structure and Certification
- Understanding Purposeful Playlist Planning, Coaching and Cueing.
- Next-Level Instructing Skills: Teaching Using an Interactive Approach while Fostering a Positive Class Culture
*Payment plan available (click HERE for monthly payment plan option)
Your course registration includes 6 months access to the online course area.
*BONUS! The music downloads for the Preschool Program Core Playlist (10 songs) are **included** in the purchase of this course!*
Once you have completed your online course Part 1 and Part 2, you will have the knowledge and skills to obtain certification status.
In order to qualify for the "Certified DANCEPL3Y Preschool Instructor" title, you must submit a practicum assessment (via video) of yourself teaching a DANCEPL3Y class. In this video, you'll need to demonstrate that you are able to deliver a DANCEPL3Y class according to our internationally accredited program standards.
*Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you do not need to have children present in your class submission video.
Following your successful practicum assessment, you'll be eligible to become a licensed DANCEPL3Y Preschool Instructor through our Membership program (starting at $227 USD/year), where you'll get access to on-going choreography and program planning content. If you work for a "not-for-profit" organization please contact us.
By registering for this course, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions.
PL3Y International Inc. is the parent company of DANCEPL3Y, YOGAPL3Y, and POWERPL3Y. We provide fitness programs, instructor training services and products based on an innovative and positive approach and philosophy.