The DANCEPL3Y Kids Online Instructor Training Course is designed for fitness instructors and recreation leaders who want to learn how to lead high-energy dance classes at their local community centre/fitness club in an after-school program, or virtually through online classes.
This On-Demand course offers self-paced video coaching and accountability check-ins so that you can complete your training and become certified within 90 days (...or sooner, it's up to you! :)
Your On-Demand Training Includes:
- Online, self-paced learning modules.
- Course orientation and tutorial videos with DANCEPL3Y Program Creator Melanie Levenberg
- Downloadable Program Manual & Worksheets
- Choreography Notes and Step-By Step Videos for dances & activities used in DANCEPL3Y Kids classes
- Mid-Point personalized feedback from your Master Trainer, Elise Gilbert (via email)
Your online learning experience will be hosted by Master Trainer, Elise Gilbert and Children's Fitness Expert and DANCEPL3Y Program Creator, Melanie Levenberg.
During your training, you'll learn how to create a motivating and safe space where kids ages 6-12 can get playful and have fun as they develop physical literacy through dance.
You'll develop instructing skills and learn effective strategies on how to teach dance and in a simple way, using a combination of traditional formations and our interACTIVE teaching approach.
You'll also learn how to plan and deliver an effective and energizing dance class that develops physical literacy and fundamental movement skills, while fostering a playful and positive class environment.
(Estimated time for course completion: 16hrs)
- Developing Physical Literacy and Promoting Playfulness through Dance
- Becoming a DANCEPL3Y Instructor: Choreography, Culture, Coaching, Structure and Certification
- Understanding Purposeful Playlist Planning, Coaching and Cueing.
- Next-Level Instructing Skills: Teaching Using an Interactive Approach while Fostering a Positive Class Culture
Part 1: Modules 1-4*
Part 2: Modules 5-13*
(included in initial course fee)
*Course modules include opportunities for direct feedback and interaction with Master Trainer via the online course community discussion board.
*Payment plan available (click HERE for monthly payment plan option)
Your course registration includes 6 months access to the online course area.
Once you have completed your online course Part 1 and Part 2, you will have the knowledge and skills to obtain certification status.
In order to qualify for the "Certified DANCEPL3Y Kids Instructor" title, you must submit a practicum assessment (via video) of yourself teaching a DANCEPL3Y class. In this video, you'll need to demonstrate that you are able to deliver a DANCEPL3Y class according to our internationally accredited program standards.
*Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you do not need to have children present in your class submission video.
Following your successful practicum assessment, you'll be eligible to become a licensed DANCEPL3Y Kids Instructor through our Membership program (starting at $227 USD/year), where you'll get access to on-going choreography and program planning content. If you work for a "not-for-profit" organization please contact us.
By registering for this course, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions.